Welcome to Part 2 of using the energies around us to help us fulfill our dreams & to overcome the fear within!!
If you missed Part one, the link is HERE: http://jaebn.com/how-to-gain-useful-energies-to-help-you-fulfill-your-dreams/
Fear is a terrible thing to face!! But waiting until it’s gone is not an option!! It may be quiet & take a back seat for a while, but it is still there!! That is why you have to face it, get to know it!!
I was put in a position that I had no choice but to face it!! The cancer wasn’t going away & my health was only getting worse!!
I was having some serious health issues, trying to go back to school, & hold down 2 full time jobs….and I was married. Alot, I know, but previous to the health issues, cancer being one of them, I was managing well. My physician suggested I keep a Lunar Journal to track how I was feeling, moods, physical symptoms & their severity, etc. for a couple of months.
So, I got a Farmer’s Almanac, to tell what phase the Moon was in, & I kept the Lunar Journal for 3 months, recording my energy level, effects of illness, emotional feelings, moods, sleep patterns, etc. Before you jump to the conclusion that he just wanted me to focus on something besides my illness, I was also working full time as a nurse. It was a struggle for me, but at that point, I was almost willing to try anything!!
Don’t let FEAR hold you back!! Try it!! I challenge you to see if you find your energy cycle like I found mine!!
I found that during the New Moon:
- I was most creative with my art
- but had less energy
- my physical symptoms increased.
- my illness seemed to exacerbate
- my sleep was deeper & longer
During the Full Moon:
- I had more energy
- worked more consistently & successfully in my business
- felt better physically
- was more irritable & less creative artistically.
Keeping a Lunar Journal helped me to understand the rhythm of my physical & psychological being. This in turn helped me to know how to schedule my work & when to take advantage of the energies around me. It also helped me to be aware of the energy I was giving off to others.
If you are honest with yourself, whether you believe in astrology or not, the different birth signs & their corresponding descriptions of traits have a certain validity. Whatever your “sign” is, I will bet that you fit at least some of the traits of that sign.
While the Moon affects everyone differently, it still affects each of us.
I find that as the Moon waxes, grows larger, I slowly build up more energy & motivation to work toward my Focus Points & seem to have an improved ability to complete my Action Steps on a daily basis.
You hear a lot of talk about “manifesting”, but what exactly does that mean?
To “manifest” is to demonstrate or make happen; what is readily perceived or obvious; a demonstration.
This usually takes time to happen & as with all of life, there is a cycle to it:
- Become aware that something is missing &/or needs to happen.
- Decide, make a choice, to focus on making it happen.
- Research what needs to be done & what is needed to make it happen.
- Set your Focus Points & Action Steps.
- Make your plan & schedule it.
- Do the work required!
- SUCCESS = MANIFESTATION!!
While ideally this is true, if we are out of the natural synchronicity we have with the Moon, things may, & usually will, go awry. As you know, in business, timing is everything.
So where does our natural synchronicity tie in with the Moon Phases? This is the pattern/cycle I have seen & experienced:
- New Moon – This is the start of the Moon’s cycle of phases. This is when you do your brain sweep. Now is the time for your dreams, big & small, to surface & to think about them….mull them over….what do you really want….make your choices. So you’ve done your brain sweep, mulled over the possibilities & decided/chose what you want to happen/manifest. This is when you set your intentions for the month ahead. This is the time for unbridled optimism, confidence, & aiming high.
- Waxing Crescent – This phase is the first week of the Moon’s cycle. This is the time for research & brainstorming. Commit & start your plan into action.
- Waxing Gibbous – the second week of the Moon’s cycle. You are working, building momentum toward what you want to see manifest…your intention for the month. This is where the proverbial “rubber meets the road”. This is when it is easy to become overwhelmed & just give up. Instead, make adjustments, do the work, get feedback if needed, & press forward.
- Full Moon – This phase occurs 2 weeks after the New Moon. Now you are beginning to see the fruits of your labor. Things are starting to come together. This is when most of us feel our energy & spirits are highest. This is also when fear & anxiety surface & self-sabotage can become an issue. Look back over the last 2 weeks….look at all you have accomplished. This is when you need to break out of your comfort zone & push ahead. Celebrate your victories so far, no matter how small. Typically, this is a good time to launch that project or business.
- Waning Gibbous – This phase is the week after the Full Moon. We set our intentions, made a plan, put it into action, started working….Time to reflect & regroup!! Consider the plan, what has worked? What hasn’t?? How can you adjust course & regroup for a more positive outcome?? What still needs to happen?? Consider your options….and just so you know….giving up is NOT an option!! Do whatever follow-up is needed, catch up on stray tasks or uncompleted steps.
- Waning Crescent – The last week of the Moon’s cycle. Things are quieting down. Your intentions have manifested & are becoming your reality….or not. If not, what has held you back?? What repeated behavior is self-sabotaging you?? (*Note – If thi8s is the case, what is this pain point?? How can you transform it into a new intention for the next cycle in order to have a positive outcome??) Was it something out of your control?? How can you adjust for that??
Near the end of the Waning Crescent into the New Moon, I recommend doing a monthly review.
These are the questions I ask:
- What were your Intentions??
- What were your Focus Points??
- What actually happened??
- What were your successes??
- What were your challenges??
- What do you need to let go of or change??
- What do you need to add or rearrange??
- What time did you take for yourself & self-care??
- What is your Focus for next Month??
The average Moon Cycle is 29.5 days. Most of our intentions or dreams will take longer than one Moon Cycle to manifest, which is why I recommend breaking down your big dreams into smaller Focus Points & Action Steps.
See, when we start out toward a dream, we are full of energy, optimism, & motivation. As we do the work, hit roadblocks, need to readjust, we lose momentum & motivation. Soon, we just give up.
I recommend breaking dreams down into all the smallest Focus Points & Action Steps possible.
This helps us in two ways:
- First, as we do the Action Steps for each small Focus Point, we can more easily see any adjustments we need to make.
- Second, by completing each small Action Step & each small Focus Point, we gain confidence & momentum & our motivation is bolstered & becomes stronger!!
I firmly believe in “Change Your Perspective, Change Your Outcome!”
In working over 30 years as a nurse & coach, I have observed people at their best & at their worst, at their strongest & at their weakest. I have found that about 95% of people set goals, usually as New Year’s Resolutions or for a Challenge of some sort.
They start fully motivated & focused & energized. In a short time, they hit a roadblock & lose confidence & momentum & fear raises its ugly head & bites!! Their motivation begins to wane….a short time later, they just give up….move on….unchanged!!
I hate the word “Goals” for that very reason.
The word has a negative connotation. When we think “goals”, we think something is bad or wrong & needs to be fixed or improved. So when we hit that roadblock, for whatever reason, we think we can’t win, so we just give up!!
That is why I use the terms “Focus Points” & “Action Steps”. Change your perspective, change your outcome!!
By changing how we approach “goals”, it puts a positive rather than negative spin on things.
- Win or lose
- Punishment / lack
- Focus Points / Action Steps
- Complete/ Incomplete (leaves door open for success)
- Reward / Gain / Success
(Goals are to correct something bad or lacking.)
Dreams are the fuel for a new beginning, something different.
Here is an example:
DREAM – To read more
INTENTION – I intend to read all my currently owned, unread books this year.
FOCUS POINTS –
- Determine how many books I have on my shelf & in my Kindle that are unread.
- Determine how many books I want to read a month.
- Determine how much I want to read a week.
- Determine how much I want to read a day….how many days a week.
- Read daily.
ACTION STEPS –
FP 1 :
- Make a list of all the unread books on my shelves.
- Make a list of all the unread books on my Kindle.
- Make a prioritized reading list to complete by the end of the year.
FP 2 :
- Divide total count of unread books by 12 = number of books needed to be read monthly.
- Write titles in monthly planner pages for each month’s target reading.
- Track reading completion monthly.
FP 3 & 4 :
- Divide total count of pages in books to be read for each month by 4 or 5, depending on how many weeks in the month = Number of pages to be read weekly.
- Write page count to be read in each weekly planner page.
- Determine how many days a week I want to read.
- Divide weekly page count by number of days I want to read per week = number of pages to be read on each reading day.
- Determine the best time of day for me to read. Schedule reading time & number of pages to be read on my daily schedule.
- Track daily reading / page count.
FP 5 :
- Make sure reading time is scheduled.
- Follow schedule & DO!!
- Read on scheduled reading days.
- Adjust plan for unscheduled events or higher priority items as they come up.
- Reschedule reading days as needed.
- Track reading in planner –
- Master Book List – check off books as read.
- Monthly Tracker – check off reading daily
- Reward for weekly tracking / reading completed – 2 hours playing POGO games online.
- Reward Monthly tracking / reading completed – purchase new book or planner goodie or new tea to try.
- Reward Quarterly tracking / reading comp0leted – new tea cup or fountain pen or ink
- Reward Master unread book list completed – new planner or tote bag
Needed to Complete Task –
- Master List of books owned but unread.
- Reading Tracker (daily/weekly/monthly) in planner.
- Planner / Schedule (daily/weekly/monthly)
- Pen / stickers
- Designated time to read – eliminate the unessential (TV, magazines, games, social media rabbit holes, etc.)
What this might look like:
24 books unread
2 books to be read a month
Total pages to be read this month = 1000pgs
Read 5 days per week – Tu, W, Th, Sa, Su
Total pages to be read on reading days = 50 pages
This is why I created JaeByrd’s Nest!! I wanted a place where woman entrepreneurs could come to maybe rest a little & gain perspective & reboot their brains & their businesses!!
I hope the information in this post has been helpful for you. I am so glad you joined me on this Journey!!
PLEASE ask any questions you have, because you never know who you could be helping with your questions!! I WANT to hear from you!! You can leave a comment here or you can just email me at Jaebyrd@jaebn.com with “Energy” in the subject line.
I promise I will get back to you as quickly as I can!!